According to the university bylaws, the Dean of graduate studies and scientific research is the chairman of the research council, which is the administrative body, comprised of 6 members representing various university faculties. This Council proposes the scientific research general policies at the university as well as the regulations necessary to organize, promote, coordinate and support scientific research.
Role of Research Council:
- Proposes the scientific research general policies at the university as well as the regulations necessary to organize, promote, coordinate and support scientific research.
- Approves the annual budget allocated for scientific research
- Approves the funded research proposal and projects
- The patenting of inventions and their registration in order to protect the rights of the university and researchers.
- Follow- up of research projects and approval of expenditure
- Funding of publications of research by staff members as well as expenses incurred through participation in conferences and scientific debates at which their research is presented.
- The optimum use of available resources regarding services and facilities and their distribution among researchers.
- Concentration of research on issues faced by different sectors of the country.
- Establishing relations of cooperation exchange of expertise with research institutions and centers nationally and internationally.