The importance of graduate studies has been one of the top priorities of PPU. This priority come in complete harmony with the strategic plans of the university to improve the quality of life of Palestinians by offering high level graduate programs in the region and worldwide, and be recognized as a major stakeholder in the process of development nationally and internationally.
The Deanship of Graduate Studies and Research monitors postgraduate programs at the university and performs the following tasks:
- Developing and offering graduate programs that fulfill the community and regional needs.
- Offering joint programs between local and international universities.
- Initiating symposiums, workshops, and conferences that serve the development of the graduate studies and research in the university in particular and Palestine in general.
- Developing relevant databases for the research activities taken place at the university premises.
- Establishing advanced laboratories with latest technologies that serve graduate students in their study and research activities.
- Creating national and international academic networks that promote and serve development of graduate programs.
- Acceptance graduate students in coordination with the concerned colleges and the adoption of their research and the research topics, thesis supervisors and thesis discussion committees.
- Adoption of study plans and curricula of graduate programs.
- Organize Graduate issues in cooperation and coordination with the deans of the faculties concerned.
- Apply postgraduate instructions and bylaws.
- Prepare an annual report on the affairs of Graduate Studies and Scientific Research, and activities.
- Prepare the annual budget for postgraduate studies.